Sunday, September 26, 2010

What's Cooking?

Do you make the same meals all the time? Lasagne, Taco Chip Ole, Potato Corn Chowder, Pasta e Fagoli, Buckwheat Waffles, Hambergers, Spaghetti, Pizza, these are my standby meals. I read once that we make the same twenty-one meals over and over. What are your standby meals?

I had two little girls stay for a visit and I asked them "What is your favorite meal?" One said Bean Casserole, and the other said White Chili. When I asked my daughter she said, Chicken and Rice Soup, one son always answers, Italian. The other two boys said Pizza. If I ask my husband this question his answer, "anything you make". I love sweet and sour chicken, but don't make it often because the kids don't like it.

On Saturdays, the last two, I make a layered mexican dish. First comes refried beans, then taco mix sprinkled on top (I make my own taco mix), followed by salsa and cheese. I put this in the oven until the cheese is melted and all is warm. Next I add sour cream, and we use it a a dip for chips. This is very simple and easy for a restful Saturday. There is usually some left for a snack on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment