Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Waldorf Pasta Salad

Sunday it was hot and I did not feel like cooking, so I made Waldorf Pasta Salad... Cheap, Fast, Good is the cookbook this recipe came from.

Cook 8 oz. short pasta per package directions. I am gluten free so I used brown rice elbow noodles, Tinkyada is the brand I like.

While it is cooking chop up 3 medium size apples , keep the peel on, and put in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and toss with the apples. Chop two ribs celery, and 1 cup already cooked chicken, add to bowl. Also add 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit, I used raisins, cranberries would be good. 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional. I put it on top of mine, the kids don't like nuts in salad.

Mix in a separate container, 1 cup Mayonaise, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste.

When the pasta is done cooking, drain it and cool it with cold water, when it is cool, mix it with the ingredients in the large bowl, then stir in the mayo mix. This recipe serves six.

No comments:

Post a Comment