Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Granola

My friend Autumn gave me this recipe, she calls it Granola from Heaven:

5 cups mixed nuts of choice, raw & unsalted
   (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, cashews)
1 1/2 cups mixed seeds of choice, raw & unsalted
    (sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds)
4 cups unsweetened coconut
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup brown sugar

Mix all ingredients together - Split between two cookie sheets - Bake @ 275 degrees for about 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes - Enjoy
Sweet variation:  add your favorite dried fruit to the mix when finished baking.

I never use coriander because I don't have that spice and for better digestion I use soaked crispy nuts. You can find out about soaked crispy nuts from the cookbook Nourishing Traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment