Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Roast Beef, Soup and Fat

Recently, I made some roast beef in the crock pot, I simply put an English roast in the pot with about a quart of broth, used chicken broth because that's what was available. Threw in some Italian seasoning. It simmered in the crock pot all day while I was out and about.

We ate the roast with green beans, used frozen beans and steamed them.

I saved the leftover broth (did not skim the fat), and green beans. Today, I made a delicious soup using the leftover broth, meat and beans. Sauteed onions, celery, carrot in coconut oil. I added some chicken livers that which were frozen individually from last summers chicken crop, first I chopped them up in little bits. I also chopped up the leftover beef, and a zucchini and set them aside. When the veggies were soft, and the livers browned, I added the leftover broth and beans. I brought that to a boil and then simmered for a few minutes so the carrots would cook. Next the meat and zucchini were stirred in, and added salt to taste. This was a yummy and satisfying soup, I ate it for breakfast.

Why did I leave the fat in the broth? After watching the Liberation Diet Cooking DVD, I realized that I need to up my fat intake. The more fat in my food, the more satisfying it is. Believe it or not, by increasing fat consumption, cutting way back on carbs, I am finally losing weight without cravings. I am eating less and I feel good. The extra dietary fat seems to have stabilized my hormonal ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment